Monday, February 23, 2009
Today's Musical Selections . . .
1. The Essential Bob Dylan
2. Under the Red Sky
3. Oh Mercy
4. MTV Dylan Unplugged
5. Slow Train Coming
7. Dylan and the Dead
Ought to be an interesting day musically!
Thanks for reading!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
48 Questions: Yeah, I gave in . . . So what?
Sometimes these lists go too far, and become horribly cheesy. Thus, I answered honestly....
Tag 25 people to do the same thing, and horrify them.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My grandfather. His full name was Leolion. I was named "Leo" after him. My middle name comes from my other grandfather. One was a "character," the other a godly man.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Near the end of "True Grit" when John Wayne's horse died. Or during the "Dirty Dozen" when they are getting ready to blow up the German installation . . . (sniff, still brings a tear). . .
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I have forgotten how to write due to computers.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Spam, preferably fried, but right out of the can with mayo is fine too.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, what are you doing, taking a census?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
If you were an idiot, would you ask better questions?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
No, not at all. Sarcasm can hurt feelings!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Who wants to know?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. WHAT DO YOU DREAM ABOUT?
Hunting down people who tag me for these stupid questions and hunting down the people who create them.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Don't care, like most all kinds.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Eyes, and whether or not they are carrying a gun
15. RED OR PINK?
Dead or near death?
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I hate that I sometimes give in to peer pressure and fill out questionnaires like this one.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Not really, but hey, it's up to them.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
green and blue plaid, and barefoot
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Tom and Jerry, or Doobie Brothers, depends on whether you mean music or TV
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fried spam, fresh baked pizza, something being deep fried, or the sacrifice of a vegan to the god of meat
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Do you have any decent questions or are you just intentionally being a jerk?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
College football and Curling
27. HAIR COLOR?
No, I don't color my hair. It is natural.
28. EYE COLOR?
I don't color my eyes either.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
coffee, chocolate, meat of all kinds, pizza, breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, etc.), and any thing else that makes vegans mad.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Can't we have both?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Transporter, I cried when his car exploded and the heads of the policemen flew out of his trunk.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Actually, I'm more of a fall, with some spring thrown in . . . what kind of gay question is this?
35. HUGS OR KISSEES?
What exactly is a "Kissee"? Is that the person giving or receiving the kisses?
37. I AM MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND WHEN...?
Someone mentions God, philosophy, Jesus, or another religious topic.
38. I AM LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND TO...?
"When can you meet?"
"What color is your hair?"
Other stupid questions--see above
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Comics or otherwise? I was reading "Four Views of the Warning Passages in Hebrews" and I am getting ready to read Orson Scott Card's "The Crystal City." In comics, I'm reading 45 years of Captain America.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Umm, I don't have any mice, so I don't know what their homes may look like.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Transporter, weren't you paying attention above?
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
My kids laughing.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Neither. I prefer Bob Dylan.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Yes, and no I won't tell you
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
In the doctor's office of my home town
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
C. S. Lewis
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
She simply appeared on my porch one day as I was praying . . .