Thursday, May 19, 2005

Some ramblings . . .

Well, I hear that C. S. Lewis is about to be on the big screen again in the form of a movie based on volume one of his "Chronicles of Narnia." The movie, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," will hit the movie screens sometime in December, and from the looks of it, it will have a decidedly "Lord of the Rings" feel to it. Poetic justice, I think, that two of the greatest fantasy writers I've ever read will be immortalized on the big screen! Ah well, on to other news.

I purchased a few comics yesterday--got issue #4 of the new Black Panther and wasn't too impressed. The current writer seems to have a tendency to ignore the history of this character and "make it up" as he goes along. I'm not enjoying it much. However, issue #8 of the New Thunderbolts also came out, and I enjoyed it tremendously. It is funny to me how one writer will appeal to me in some way, while another just leaves me feeling like I wasted my time and money. I wonder why we are like that? No doubt there are comic fans out there who love what Reggie Hudlin is doing in Black Panther, but I'm not one of them. People have strange tastes, don't we?

Speaking of tastes, I was listening to Toby Mac's "Welcome to Diverse City" CD in the car yesterday, and (I can't believe I'm saying this!) I actually found some rap music I like! Yes, I sincerely believed it would never happen, but I like this stuff. No, that doesn't mean that I've converted from the "alternative" sound I love to gangsta rap, but I am a bit surprised that the crisp vocals and deep bass of Toby Mac's music could attract me. Maybe you can teach an "old dog" new tricks, huh?

Finally, I just want to say thanks to those of you who think my ramblings are worth reading. Feel free to comment or drop me an e-mail if you want to "talk" about anything on this blog! Thanks for dropping by!

No comments: