Thursday, November 10, 2011

What's Playing Today?

As I'm working on my paper for the Evangelical Theological Society ("Confidence in Christ and the Sin unto Death: When should a Believer not Pray?" 1 John 5:13-21), I am enjoying some of my favorite tunes on my computer.

1. Jennifer Knapp, "A Diamond in the Rough"--very visceral and moody, I thoroughly enjoy the lyrics and her wonderful voice

2. U2, "No Line on the Horizon" and "How to Dismantle an Atom Bomb"--c'mon, it's U2, need I explain this one?

3. Bob Dylan, "The Essential Bob Dylan," "Slow Train Coming," and "Saved"--this one should shock no one who knows me. I'm jamming right now to "You Gotta Serve Somebody." I may listen to the Grateful Dead version later (yeah, nothing like the Dead's eclectic style on a crazy Dylan tune about serving God or Satan, right? grin).

Okay, that's enough of an update for now. You may return to your regularly scheduled 'net surfin'!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: